Summer Session: 6/20-8/28
Class Time: Friday 5:00 – 6:00pm ET
● In this course, we will look at the National Geographic Reading Explorers series. There are 5 levels in all. Each level is a bit more difficult than the last but the structure is virtually the same.
● Here, we will look at topics ranging from adventure traveling, aliens, hottest chilis, spaceships, building the great domes of the world, history of pizza etc. This course is very discussion based and varies if the students are younger or older. With younger groups they will focus more on learning new words and comprehending the content while getting into basic discussions. Older groups will work more on ethical, hypothetical and philosophical discussions while still learning new words and concepts along the way. Plus, older groups work on real world applications of the content.
● Become better readers and gain a deeper understanding of the work.
● Apply the topic to students’ lives and how it relates to them
● Gain discussion abilities
● Become better close readers and gain the ability to make unlikely connections
● If younger, become better readers and learn creative new vocabulary
Student Learning Outcomes
● Gain new vocabulary
● Use context clues to discover meanings and work through passages
● Do short writing assignments that are about the weeks work
● Gain an understanding of what the story is about beyond just the surface level
Policy: You get a 100% credit back to your Kooyaya’s account a week before the 1st class starts. After the class starts, a week notice is required and refund is prorated base. All refund is credited back to your Kooyaya’s account for future purchase, no expiration. For cash refund, 5% surcharge fee will be applied.
If the enrollments are less than three, Kooyaya reserves the rights to change or cancel the class. Make-up classes or online recorded videos can be provided, Kooyaya reserves the rights of final explanation.
0 items in the cart (USD $0.00)