User Terms and Conditions
This Parent and Student User Agreement (“Agreement”) outlines the terms and conditions for attendance in class, use of our online teaching platform, and how we collect and use personal information related to online classrooms.
Kooyaya reserves the right to modify this Agreement in whole or in part at any time. Modifications to the agreement take effect automatically. Continued use of the online classes and associated service serve as user acceptance of modifications.
User Rights and Obligations
“User” indicates parents and students participating in Kooyaya online classes and related activities and services.
- In the process of using and enjoying Kooyaya learning and education services, users understand and agree to prepare relevant equipment necessary for an effective online learning experience.
- Users will not use online classes or the online teaching platform to produce, copy, or disseminate:
- Illegal, harassing, slanderous, abusive, intimidating, harmful, vulgar, or obscene information or materials;
- Materials or information that interferes with or disrupt the online platform and/or network services;
- Materials or information that infringes on copyright, trademarks, and/or intellectual property of Kooyaya.
Information Collection, Use, and Privacy
- Student information, including but not limited to name, grade, school, address, date of birth, will be used primarily to assist in online teaching services, including:
- Internal attendance records;
- Facilitation of normal classroom teaching activities (e.g. participation, Q&A).
- To facilitate effective classroom learning, students must sign into online classrooms with AT LEAST their first name and last initial.
- To protect the rights and privacy of our staff, users are NOT allowed to ask for or collect private or personal information, including contact information, from Kooyaya teachers and staff.
- To protect the rights and privacy of our staff and other students, all classroom participants, students, and parents are NOT allowed to record, screen-shot, document, or save any portion of the online courses offered by Kooyaya, digitally or physically, in formats including, but not limited to, audio files, photos, or video.
Parents and students will NOT, directly or indirectly, on their behalf or on behalf of any other person(s), solicit Kooyaya teachers or staff for any teaching, tutoring, coaching, or other services separately from or outside of Kooyaya.
- Parents can request Kooyaya to delete personal or private student information collected during the online class term for which they registered, and refuse dissemination or further collection or use of child’s information, so long as such request does not unduly burden or hinder normal classroom teaching, activities, or related services.
- Parents can request that personal or private student information collected during the online classroom is not disclosed to third parties.
Online Classroom Conduct
- Students are expected to respect each other, teachers, and staff in the same manner as they would during on-site classes at Kooyaya. Kooyaya rules and procedures governing student conduct and expectations remain in force in online classrooms.
- Students are expected to be present and attentive to the online platform during online classes.
- Students will not be permitted to engage in private chat with each other unless directed to do so by the instructor.
- Teachers and staff reserve the right to mute individual student microphones to facilitate classroom learning and limit disruption (e.g. microphone feedback, background noise). Teachers and staff likewise reserve the right to unmute individual student microphones to call on them to answer questions, increase participation, and allow for other interactive online activity.
- Teachers may implement additional student conduct requirements to facilitate classroom procedures, online teaching, and discipline in their classes only.
Class Recording Consent
By registering for Kooyaya’s online class, students’ participation in live class discussions and class related performances will be recorded. These recordings will be made available to assist those students who cannot attend the live session or to serve as a resource for those who would like to review content that was presented.
By agreeing to the aforementioned terms, parents/guardians and students also consent to having students’ images and audio recordings utilized for Kooyaya’s promotional purposes. If you are not willing to agree to these terms and conditions, parents/guardians or students 18+ years old may opt out by writing an email to [email protected]