The Wondrous Power of Debate
It is better to debate a question without settling it than it is to settle a question without debating it.
Why Are Public Speaking and Debate Important?
- Cement a strong foundation for academic reading and writing
- Sharpens critical thinking
- English Language Arts is necessary to learn other subjects
- Crucial for a Professional Life Beyond School
(Nathan, grade 6) “I feel I can now develop quick-witted responses to arguments, and I am more confident when speaking in public.”
(Laurie, grade 12) “I am so happy that I have been admitted to my dream university, and I definitely have my Debate classes to thank.”
( Elizabeth, Grade 8) “In my public school class, I found myself a better note-taker and able to retain more information while listening to my teachers and peers.”
(Aaron, Grade 9) “My writing ability and eloquence are progressing significantly.”
Public Speaking / Theater / Debate Classes
Teacher Spotlight: Ms. Mixon
- Teaching Theater Arts, Literacy and Public Speaking to young people for over 25 years
- A BFA in Theater from Rutgers University, and a Masters in Elementary Education from Montclair State University
Teacher Spotlight: Ms. Warden
Teacher Spotlight: Ms. Roach
- Graduate of The University of Toronto holding an Honors Bachelor of Arts in Political Science and Gender Studies
- Four years of experience working with students of all levels to improve their debating abilities
Kooyaya Elaborate Courses
Kooyaya provides high-quality, online education for students in grades K-12. We offer numerous, custom-tailored learning options, from small group classes to one-on-one tutoring sessions. Plus, Kooyaya’s teachers use systematized, top-notch learning materials and educational content that aids children in their scholastic advancement in a linear and complete fashion. Our courses challenge students and enhance their critical thinking and analytical abilities, gently pushing students to realize their maximum potential.
Unlike many “cookie cutter” online schools that don’t cater to individual students’ needs, Kooyaya’s courses are fun, flexible and interesting for kids, allowing them to enjoy the educational experience at a suitable pace. Additionally, most of our course offerings are available at various times on different days, giving our customers convenient options that conform to their busy lifestyles.
Kooyaya provides classes in a wide variety of areas, such as English Arts, Chinese, Math, Public Speaking, Theater (Drama), Debate, as well as free courses in Dance, Martial Arts and more! Please click the link to signup and enroll today! Our Course Consultants will get back to you as soon as possible and arrange free-trial classes for your child that suit your and their schedules.