4 Reasons Why Singapore Math Might Be the Better
- Singaporean students are the world’s math leaders. U.S. students that study Singapore Math consistently score better on standardized math and reasoning tests.
- As students progress, they learn to apply new mental math strategies to specific types of problems and adapt ones they already know
- Students are encouraged to develop their own strategies, and to use their discernment in deciding when and where to use them
- Asks for students to build meaning to learn concepts and skills as opposed to rote memorization of rules and formulas for passing exams
Teacher Spotlight: Ms. Shea
- Licensed and certified elementary school teacher, Grades 1-6
- General science teacher, grades 1-8
- 23 years’ teaching experience teaching all elementary subject areas and all grade levels
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Laboratory Science
- Master’s Degree in Education focused on Curriculum and Instructional Technology
Teacher Spotlight: Mr. Jay
- Mr. Jay has taught Math to 4th, 5th, and 6th grade students in the past 4 years. Prior to that, he taught High School Math for 6 years.
- Mr. Jay has a BS in Math and a Masters in Math Education. He also has several years of Math publishing experience with Pearson Education, McGraw Hill, Chegg Tutors, and Course Hero.
Teacher Spotlight: Mr. David
- Teach for over 20 years, around the world, including China, Colombia, Uzbekistan, Poland, Israel, and Hait.
- Focus on math teaching to students between grade 4 and grade 12.
- David has a lot of experiences with assisting students in organizing and prioritizing their work.
- David holds M.S degree in Elementary Education and B.S degree in Human Development and Family Studies from Cornell University.
Kooyaya Elaborate Courses
Kooyaya provides high-quality, online education for students in grades K-12. We offer numerous, custom-tailored learning options, from small group classes to one-on-one tutoring sessions. Plus, Kooyaya’s teachers use systematized, top-notch learning materials and educational content that aids children in their scholastic advancement in a linear and complete fashion. Our courses challenge students and enhance their critical thinking and analytical abilities, gently pushing students to realize their maximum potential.
Unlike many “cookie cutter” online schools that don’t cater to individual students’ needs, Kooyaya’s courses are fun, flexible and interesting for kids, allowing them to enjoy the educational experience at a suitable pace. Additionally, most of our course offerings are available at various times on different days, giving our customers convenient options that conform to their busy lifestyles.
Kooyaya provides classes in a wide variety of areas, such as English Arts, Chinese, Math, Public Speaking, Theater (Drama), Debate, as well as free courses in Dance, Martial Arts and more! Please click the link to signup and enroll today! Our Course Consultants will get back to you as soon as possible and arrange free-trial classes for your child that suit your and their schedules.